Wednesday, December 26, 2007

to the beat, y'all

this year's christmas preparations have made me realize how much i really do enjoy baking/cooking...when i actually get enough motivation to see it through, AND when i'm in a suitably sized kitchen with a dishwasher and an oven that bakes evenly and doesn't instill in me fears of combustion during the time i'm waiting for my bread/cake/cookies to finish (read: not my apartment kitchen- it's cute, but sadly lacks these features).

i went to town this year with the holiday treats at home- cheese log cookies, spritz cookies, and mud bars that somehow went awry but still tasted pretty darn good. only problem is, i keep eating them and i can't stop. now, i feel like the only way to remedy the situation is, uhh, to eat 'em all. that's fine.

anyways, i'm pretty psyched at some of my gifts, especially the new, not-scratched-and-fucked-up-i-pod, a dock for it, some sweet duds, and also a lil' teapot with a cosy that keeps it warm...goddd, between that and the crossword puzzles, i'm such a granny. i'm not fighting it.

umm...also, my favorite song of the moment is "hot bed" by the whigs, three dudes from georgia who play straight-up 90s indie rock...except, like, it's not the 90s! check it out.


p.s. if this man is the father of JLS' baby i am going to cry....because i'm laughing so hard.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my god is he really the alleged father? aaaaaaahhhh That's more disturbing than everything Brit has done combined!

a new ipod. yuck!

Anonymous said...

yesss, well, it said that there are allegations that the real baby daddy is a producer at her nickelodeon show. and that dude's the executive producer...soooo...NASTY.

oh, hush. leave me and my ipod alone!