Friday, November 07, 2008

i don't need a witness

so, i recommended this song- "look at me when i rock wichoo" by black kids- a few weeks ago, but i recently saw the video and had a flashback to saturday morning cartoons, which fits the song perfectly since it has such a retro vibe.



and my good friend jeff turned me on to this site the other day, so i thought i would mention it as well: it's called chictopia, and is basically a real-life "lookbook" where people can upload pictures of different outfits they wear. but the genius part is that they also have to list where each item is from. genius! my new obsession.

i'm biting my tongue- hard!- regarding the election, but it's no doubt a historical moment (as well as the official demise of unbiased journalism :) and i honest-to-god hope that obama is the best darn prez we've ever had. however, the one thing that really bothers me to see is that people are suddenly proclaiming that they are "finally proud of their country," as if they weren't before. your president doesn't dictate your patriotism, guys!

i think i got food poisoning from taco bell yesterday...grossss.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim, I couldn't agree with you more on the election front. I'm taking the idea of an Obama administration way better than Matt is, though- I had to buy the poor guy an iPod Touch to calm him down.

kim said...

hahaha, yes! too funny. i'm so glad to know i'm not the only one who doesn't think he's the messiah, because at least according to all of those facebook statuses, we're in the minority :)