Sunday, May 04, 2008

come on kids, we're on the go now

to paraphrase a brilliant degrassi quote from a few weeks ago, "who's got two thumbs and is done with school?! this gal!" i must say, my last two presentations were fully anti-climactic, but i'm not complaining. time to frolic in the warm weather (once it ACTUALLY gets here), start my summer reading list, drink lemonade, and generally enjoy life before the real world rears its ugly head at me. holla.

on friday, my roommate erica and i finally got around to making it out to "my so-called 90s night" in allston, and it was the best time i've had in quite a while. well, minus the sketchballs that we let buy us beers and then promptly ditched when they asked us to dance- i know, i know, i'm cold. but "gangsta's paradise," "your woman," "semi-charmed life," and "mmmbop?" my rum-and-coke-addled brain could barely stand the sheer awesomeness of the playlist, and we danced 'til dawn...err, 2am. my favorite part was this dude who noticed me rapping the words to "what's my name?" by snoop dogg, and commented, "you CLEARLY know all of the words to this song," and checked in periodically with me to confirm who sang certain songs. too funny.

speaking of "mmmbop," i need to also take this time to acknowledge that (and i know, i've been saying this since 1997, but it's true) hanson is such a fucking sweet band. i've been hooked on their free itunes podcast called "taking the walk" that chronicles the making of their most recent album. which is interesting in its own right, but good lord, the things i would do to taylor.

also, my coffeemaker broke. bummmmmmer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if '00s "nostalgia" will ever happen..

kim said...

it has to. i mean, every other decade has it..but what would it be called? "millennium night?!"