Wednesday, May 21, 2008

why take it fast? i take it slow.

i graduated on monday, so there's that. congrats to everyone else that has/will soon!

surprisingly, despite having to wait for an hour and a half in the basement of the wang theatre, the ceremony really wasn't bad, and in fact, it was pretty funny courtesy of a hilarious speech by our 30-something year-old valedictorian and the commencement speaker who was the president of mtv. so emerson. i didn't fall, and they pronounced my last name right! guess they listened to my message on the "pronounciation hotline" after all.

i went on my first (and strangest) job interview yesterday at an ad agency in the backwoods of connecticut. oh my god, it was in an office park. oh my god, i felt like i was thrown back into 1992. oh my god, there was a creative department of four people and i would be replacing the one writer they had. oh my god, i wore a nice top and sweater and pinstripe pants and the creative director remarked, "oh, i'm glad you didn't dress up."what the eff?! oh my god, i had to sit through their awful reel of TV ads with him. no. can i get into grad school now?

graduation party this weekend, then off to the south on my birthday next week. hooray!

p.s. david c. or david a. for the win on idol?! i'm calling cook, though archuleta killed it last night.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

uh, the wang theatre?

hahahaha

i hope you're happy to see that I haven't grown up

despite what val said...